Our Team / Office
Your dental home. Your dental family.
Meet Our Expert Team
Combining art with science while making you feel comfortable throughout your visit.
DR. BARRY MAND
Dr. Barry Mand discovered his passion for dentistry years ago while in college when he worked reception and as a lab tech. Dr. Mand grew up in Diamond Bar and attended Diamond Ranch High School. After high school, he received his Bachelor of Science degree from The University of California, Irvine, and continued his education and received his Masters of Science degree from The University of California, Riverside. Dr. Mand then left Southern California to earn his Doctor of Dental Medicine degree at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine in Boston.
WHITNEY CALVILLO | OFFICE MANAGER
Whitney was born in Pasadena and comes from a very small family. She has a son named Evan and 3 dogs Ottis, Gizmo, and Pork Chop. Whitney started in dentistry about 18 years ago as an office manager in a dental lab. Because she was learning so much about teeth it started to pique her curiosity and ever since then she’s been in the dental field learning as much as she could. The best part of her job is being able to see her patients smile. Outside of the office Whitney loves doing things outdoors with her son, friends, and family. Whitney also loves to travel. She enjoys swimming, hanging out at the beach, bowling, and riding bikes. If you catch her in a moment alone you might find her watching Christmas movies, baking, or playing with her dogs. 🙂
PAOLA BROWN | DENTAL HYGIENIST
Paola has been in the dental field for over 15 plus, she started as a dental assistant and is now a dental hygienist. Dentistry is pretty much all she knows, and she absolutely loves the field. According to Paola, the best part of her job is when patients tell her that they’ve had a great cleaning and overall experience and are motivated to maintain good oral health. Outside of work, Paola loves spending time with her family and hanging out with friends, enjoying theme parks (loves Disneyland), going on vacation, dancing, and as well as arts and crafts.
YVONNE TAFOYA | REGISTERED DENTAL ASSISTANT
Yvonne was born and raised in Southern California, She is married and has 5 cats, no kids! Yvonne got into dentistry because she wanted to be able to help people in areas that a lot of people consider nerve-wracking to deal with, but want to feel confident with their smiles. Yvonne’s kindness and patience are two key factors in her personality. Many patients are nervous and need time to compose themselves so patience is key! Kindness comes into play because she believes there’s no reason to be rude even in the most difficult situations. Outside of the office, you will likely find Yvonne at the Gym lifting weights. She also enjoys going on small weekend getaways with her husband and is always looking forward to football season! Go Steelers!
Our Upland Dental Office
WE STAND BY THESE VALUES EVERY DAY
- Be the expert, but also be personable, enjoy life, and have fun with our amazing patients.
- Collaborate with teammates, and most importantly you as the patient. ALWAYS show respect, honoring the fact that everyone is entitled to different opinions and perspectives and trusting others to do the same to us.
- Mean what we say, and say what we mean based on well-informed and mindful decisions. We promise to hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards, and always do the right thing by you.
- Be respectful of everyone’s situation, however different from our own. Whilst remembering to be kind, patient, and considerate of the well-being of others.
- Use advanced dental technology in our office to not only enhance our patients’ dental knowledge and understanding of treatment but also to drive positive change in the views of dentistry.
- To stay connected with what’s going on outside our own front door by being an active part of our Upland community and inviting them into our dental practice.